PRKN Community Designed T-shirt Campaign Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in Potomac Riverkeeper Network’s Community Designed T-shirt Contest! For this contest, you’ll be designing a graphic for the next iteration of a limited edition Potomac Riverkeeper Network t-Shirt. Please review the following requirements and guidelines before you start designing!
Theme: “Our Watershed, Our Home”
Use this theme as a launching off point for your design. Your design might include the words “Our Watershed, Our Home”, it might embody that theme through artwork, it’s up to you! We’re looking for creativity and passion for our Potomac Watershed. Our only ask is that you utilize the theme in some way, and stick to the design requirements outlined below. Otherwise, have fun with it! We’re looking forward to seeing everyone’s designs!
- Up to 8 colors, avoid full-color photos & gradients (please consider only using 1-3 colors in your design – prices stay lower for us and we collect more donations when fewer colors are used!
- Placement: your design will go on the back of the shirt, PRKN logo on front “pocket”
- The maximum art size is 11.5 inches by 14 inches
- Check out this guide if you need some help or inspiration!
- 1500px by 1500px transparent artwork is preferred
- Original vector artwork works best, if you have it
- File must be one of the following: AI, EPS, PDF, PNG and JPG files
Please send one of the accepted file forms (AI, EPS, PDF, PNG and JPG files) to Emily Silence at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: PRKN Community Designed T-Shirt Campaign by July 31st, 2021. Feel free to send along any questions should they arise prior to submission.
- The winning design will be featured prominently on a PRKN limited edition t-shirt
- Winner will receive a PRKN swag bag, including a limited edition tshirt, hat, sticker, etc.
- 2 tickets to PRKN’s end of summer blowout – a fun whitewater paddle/rafting trip down the Shenandoah River
- Design contest launch: July 6th
- Design contest entries accepted: July 6th – July 31st
- PRKN announces the winner: August 13th
- T-shirt campaign launches: August 17th
- T-shirt campaign runs: August 17th – September 15th
By submitting your Artwork to Potomac Riverkeeper Network, you agree to grant to Potomac Riverkeeper Inc., along with its affiliates and partners, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, non-transferable, except as explicitly set out herein, worldwide license to use, promote, display, reproduce, and distribute your Artwork for commercial and non-commercial purposes, including, without limiting the foregoing, to reproducing the Artwork on the Website, manufacturing and selling promotional items and other products incorporating your Artwork (including derivative products) through the Website, and use in all Potomac Riverkeeper Network promotional materials. When you submit your work to the contest, you give Potomac Riverkeeper Network permission to use your work in a wide variety of ways without further permission or approval from you. Formally, this means you grant Potomac Riverkeeper Network a license to use, copy, change, publish, publicly perform, distribute, exhibit, or add to your work.
The artwork must be original and the artist must have rights to all the elements of the submitted design.
You also give us permission to use your name, photograph, or other image of you, and biographical information. We will give you credit when we use your submission in a public way, unless there is a practical reason why we cannot, such as formatting, or if the work is being used in a medium where no individual credits are given. Also, if we mistakenly do not give you credit in any given situation, if you let us know, we will try to correct that for similar uses in the future
Artwork submitted by you and the rights relating to them, including copyright and ownership rights in the Artwork, remain the sole and exclusive property of the Artist. No other use of the Artwork is granted without your express written consent.