Potomac Riverkeeper Network (PRKN) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting the public’s right to clean water in our rivers and streams. We stop pollution to promote safe drinking water, protect healthy river habitats, and enhance public use and enjoyment. Our headquarters is located in Washington, DC, with field offices in Virginia and Maryland. For more information, visit our website at www.prknetwork.org.
PRKN seeks a highly organized and effective Grants and Database Administrator with demonstrated experience in the use of Salesforce for Non-Profits. This position reports to the VP of Development and Philanthropy. The Grants and Database Administrator will be responsible for grants management; the donor database; and other tasks as assigned in support of our annual fundraising plan.
This position is a one-year contract (with possibility of renewal) and will work out of PRKN’s Washington, DC office. Currently the team works remotely, coming into the office as needed.
Grants Administration (50%)
- Maintain the Master Grants Calendar of deadlines for portfolio of 35+ active grants
- Draft interim and final grant reports, grant proposals, and related materials to a high standard of quality, shepherding them through the in-house review and approval process to ensure all deadlines are met
- Manage grant file records, online (in Flux Grantseeker and Shared Google Drive) and hard files
- Assist with drafting and assemblage of written materials in support of grant applications
Salesforce Database Administration (45%)
- Execute a variety of data and donation administration processes, including:
- Input donations accurately into Salesforce from mail, phone, wire, stock, online sources (Network for Good, PayPal, Facebook, Benevity, etc.), matching gifts, various other sources, and verify automatic donation processing from Greater Giving and Click & Pledge. (daily)
- Assure integrity of data and records, deleting duplicate records, appropriate coding, etc.
- Provide Reports on incoming gifts and reconciliation (weekly)
- Prepare lists for mailings, invitations and other purposes, and track through Salesforce Campaigns
- Assist with acknowledgement letters and emails, ensure timely adherence to gift acknowledgement procedures
- Dependent on Experience Level:
- Assist in the development of reporting tools and Dashboards to track campaign effectiveness and uncover areas of revenue opportunity
- Develop, track, and analyze Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure high performance of Salesforce systems and complete regular systems audit
- Coordinate with finance and development teams on monthly reconciliations
- Serve as “the voice for the database,” thinking ahead to what data needs to be collected from activities, how it’s stored, etc., and leading colleagues to support the data’s needs
- Identify opportunities to create and support process automations to increase efficiency
- Develop and/or integrate Vertical Response email communications with Salesforce
- Participate in weekly Team meetings
- Administrative support for events, such as assisting with materials, logistics, and online and inperson registration, tabling events (when in-person events are permissible).
- Other duties, as assigned
- Demonstrated nonprofit grant writing proficiency
- Interest/experience with environmental work preferred High proficiency in Salesforce database management, including accurate gift processing, acknowledgements, reports, and list segmentation
- High level of integrity and confidentiality, with the ability to manage sensitive information
- Exceptional organizational and data management skills, superb attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to analyze data to answer questions and identify opportunities for fundraising Dependability, flexibility, and ability to self-start are essential qualities. Willingness and ability to take initiative, accept assignments and independently figure out steps necessary for completion
- A cheerful disposition, “can do” attitude, collegiality Demonstrable computer skills, especially including: Microsoft Office Suite, Vertical Response or other Email communications software
- Bonus Experience – Salesforce Certified Administrator
Position is a one-year contract with possibility of renewal and available to start immediately Salary: $35,000 – $45,000 depending on experience and skills level with Salesforce CRM We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and with a variety of skills, experiences, and ideas.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Emily@prknetwork.org with the subject line “LAST NAME – Grants and Database Admin Position”