Let’s Restore Our nation’s River!
Potomac Riverkeeper Network has created a new Council for conservation leaders who love the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers and want to be more engaged in their protection.
These leaders will help to accelerate PRKN’s progress in protecting the public’s right to clean water in the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers. Leaders will be asked to serve in recognition of their leadership in public health, law, engineering, science, public policy, land use, outdoor recreation, waterfront development, or another field related to PRKN’s mission. Council members are among the most prominent conservation leaders in the watershed.
Council members are invited to meet for special gatherings with other PRKN advisors, supporters, and staff to discuss the most important environmental issues facing the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers and the work that PRKN and its supporters and allies are doing to address them. These meetings will also provide a venue for networking, building connections, and gaining knowledge.
Members of the Council are leading supporters of PRKN, and may be called upon to provide crucial assistance to the organization, based upon the member’s interests and expertise, including the following:
- serving as ambassadors for PRKN in the communities in which they live and work;
- identifying business, policy, or legislative contacts who could further PRKN’s mission;
- providing technical or expert analysis of issues facing the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers;
- identifying community leaders within the watershed who could partner with PRKN to ensure widespread access to the river or address pollution impacts; and
- educating policymakers about a legislative or regulatory priority of PRKN
PRKN Leadership Council Members
- Pat Anderson, Director of Photography, Patrick Telepictures, INC.
- Chris Borgal – AVP Asset Management & Operations
- Clete Boykin, Principal, CDB ProjX, LLC
- Jeff Browne, Warren County, VA
- Al Cho, SVP, Chief Strategy and Digital Officer, Xylem Inc.
- Keith Cole, Former Chief Sustainability Officer, W. R. Grace & Co.
- Roger Dower, President Emeritus, The Johnson Foundaton
- Simon Sidamon-Eristoff, Of Counsel, Kalbian Hagerty, LLP
- Adeeb Fadil, Partner at Massumi & Consoli, LLP
- George Hawkins, Founder & CEO, Moonshot Missions
- Rob Kaler, Chief Operating Officer & General Counsel, US Soccer Foundation
- Zak Kidd, Founder, Ask Humans
- Richard McBride, President, McBride Real Estate Services, Inc.
- Viveca Novak, Contributing Editor, The Free Speech Project, Georgetown University
- Abel Olivo, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Defensores de la Cuenca
- Patrick Phillippi, Senior Manager – External Affairs at Amazon
- Cassius Priestly, Market President, DC/Arlington/Alexandria, Truist
- Richard Smith, Commercial Real Estate Developer
- Chris Stacey, President, Sapphire Consulting
- Chuck Thornton, President, Board of Directors, Great Falls Foundation
- Cabell Williams, Williams & Gallagher