RiverPalooza: Women for Clean Water Paddle
July 22 @ 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Join Potomac Riverkeeper Network on an all-women’s paddle in support of clean water!
Join Potomac Riverkeeper Network and Women’s Aquatic Network on an all-women’s paddle in support of clean water! This paddle will launch from Daingerfield Island Marina and head up Four Mile
Run, a scenic urban tributary of the Potomac River located just south of Arlington. Daingerfield Island is just north of Old Town Alexandria, right off the George Washington Parkway and the Mount Vernon Trail.
Spend your morning enjoying an easy out and back flat-water paddle up Four Mile Run – perfect for soaking up some sunshine, admiring the scenery with views of the DC skyline, and meeting other clean water enthusiasts from the area!
- Arrival Location:
Daingerfield Island Marina
1 Marina Drive, Alexandria, VA 22033
- Begin Arrival & Check in Time: 1:00pm
- Shuttle Departs/Launch Time: 2:00pm
- Estimated Take-out time: 6:00pm
- Paddle Level: Beginner
- Boat Options and Costs:
Included with each registration:
- Trip Leader
- rental canoe or kayak
- Paddle insurance
- Personal flotation device for the day (with rental)
- Shuttle Service (if applicable)
- RiverPalooza Tee
Note: Rentals are only available to adults or children 12 years and older who are accompanied by an adult.
HOW TO REGISTER
waivers must be signed online (in advance) for you to be registered for this trip.
1. ACA waiver
2. Outfitter waiver- Participant Rental waiver
Also to do in advance:
WHAT TO BRING:
- Packed lunch
- Reusable water bottle (please no plastic bottles or glass)
- Wear proper footwear. NO FLIP-FLOPS. Old gym shoes, sandals with a strap, and water shoes work great
- Sunscreen, hat and rain gear
- Snacks and drinking water (no glass bottles)
- Change of clothes
- Dry Bag or Waterproof Container (if you bring a phone or a non-waterproof camera, you need a way to protect it)
Tag us in your paddle trips on