Why Become A Member?
Our work would not be possible without our members. Our members provide the legal standing necessary to engage in litigation against polluters.
Become a Member – Donate Now
When you become a member of the Potomac Riverkeeper Network, you join with your community to create a healthy watershed where people enjoy, respect, and care for the rivers that sustain our community.
All Potomac Riverkeeper Network members also receive:
- A subscription to our quarterly print newsletter, Riverwatch, on the work that your generous support has helped us accomplish
- Monthly supporter updates: learn about breaking news and the latest from the field with our insider enews and action alerts
- Priority registration for special events, such as RiverPalooza
- Invitations to our yearly Riverkeeper Membership Meetings
- Donations $500 and over receive official recognition in Potomac Riverkeeper Network’s Annual Report
- Knowledge that your donation protects everyone’s right to clean water in the Potomac Watershed
More Ways to Give
Create your own peer-to-peer donation page and get started fundraising for Clean Water!
We rely on your recurring donations, so set up your donation to recur automatically as often as you’d like.
Celebrate a birthday or the holidays with the gift of membership to Potomac Riverkeeper Network.
Give your gift in honor of a friend, birthday, wedding, special occasion, or in memory of a loved one.
A legacy gift is more than a donation. It is an expression of your desire to make a difference—in the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers and in the world—and to leave a lasting legacy. Potomac Riverkeeper Network is grateful to its members and friends who prearrange their special gifts to support the long-term success of the organization. With your legacy gift, you help ensure that our work to protect your right to clean water can continue to benefit your children and grandchildren, and the rivers that we love.
We recommend that people considering making a legacy gift, such as a bequest in a will, work with their financial advisor. We do understand that some people prefer to deal with these issues on their own, so for more information on how to get started, as well as sample language to use in your will, please contact Emily Franc at 202-579-6191 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gifts of securities either held by your bank or brokerage or held by you offer significant tax advantages. To transfer securities held by your bank or broker, please provide written gift instructions to your representative and make sure to send a notice to Vice President of Development and Philanthropy, Emily Franc, in order to avoid unidentified gifts. Potomac Riverkeeper Network’s bank information is as follows for any stock donation.
Account # 073261360
DTC # 0226
Workplace giving is a convenient and easy way to help Potomac Riverkeeper Network ensure your rivers are swimmable, fishable, and drinkable. There are a variety of ways you can participate in workplace giving. Check out the options below and ask your employer if these programs are available to you.
- Employer Match – Many employers offer to match charitable donations made by their employees. Simply ask your HR representative if this option is available at your workplace.
- Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) – PRKN #87828. The CFC is the largest workplace giving program in the world, offering federal employees the option to simply deduct a portion of their paycheck every month to be donated to Potomac Riverkeeper Network.
- EarthShare – PRKN #87828. Potomac Riverkeeper Network is a proud member of EarthShare – MidAtlantic, a program working to connect environmentally conscious individuals with environmental groups across the country. Employees can choose to designate a portion of their paycheck to Potomac Riverkeeper Network.
Looking to make a long-term investment in your local river? The foundation of PRKN’s long-term financial health is thoughtful giving by our most loyal members and supporters. Just as annual or monthly gifts enable PRKN to balance its current operating budget, capital gifts allow the organization to sustain its long-term health and mission-driven vitality, improve legal capacity, provide for special projects and increase the endowment. For more information on capital gifts, please contact Emily Franc at 202-579-6191 or by email at email@example.com.
Every year we host events for our members to celebrate the rivers, to shine a spotlight on our success, and to raise some much needed funds for our work. For more information on event sponsorships, please contact Emily Franc at 202-579-6191 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.