August 28, 2021 | 12:00 PM
Join your Potomac Riverkeeper for a fun, relaxing day of tubing at the confluence of the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers! This is an easy float with some fun white water on one of the most spectacular sections of the Potomac River, known for its scenic beauty. We will take out at Harpers Ferry Adventure Center (HFAC).
Afterward, we can enjoy beer, food, and live music at Harpers Ferry Brewing which has the most spectacular views of the river anywhere throughout the entire 14,760 square mile watershed! The brewery is located on-site at HFAC right up the hill from our take out where your car is conveniently located! It’s almost too good to be true! That’s not all! Jeff Kelble, former Shenandoah Riverkeeper and former PRKN President, now part-owner of HFAC, will join us for some cold brews after our float! Want more? Please consider joining us for overnight camping at HFAC Campground harpersferryadventurecenter.com. Anyone who wants to join is welcome!
Please keep in mind that our Good-Bye Summer Blow Out white water paddle on the Shenandoah is the very next day, Sunday August 29th. This is the perfect opportunity to do some tubing on Saturday, camp on-site, enjoy some drinks, food and music then hit the river again the next day! We will be rafting on one of the most beautiful stretches of the “Doah” or you can up your game and paddle a white water duckie through exciting Class III rapids! So make it a weekend! Join us because summer is almost over!
Camping or rental cabins at Harpers Ferry Adventure Center (HFAC) are limited so reserve them in advance. Visit HFAC for reservations — Potomac Riverkeeper Network is not responsible for securing campsite reservations.
Lead Riverkeeper: Dean Naujoks – (336) 809-6041 or email@example.com
Arrival Time: 12:00 PM; anticipated take-out time 4:00 pm
Paddle Distance: 2 miles
Skill Level: Novice/Beginner Welcome
Meeting Location: Harpers Ferry Adventure Center
Boat Options and Costs:
- Tube: $30 per person
- (NOTE: BYOB (Bring Your Own Boat) is NOT available for this paddle.)
Included with each registration:
- Tube rental, PFD, Shuttle
- RiverPalooza 2021 commemorative t-shirt
Participant Limit: 25 People
Note: Rentals are only available to adults or children 12 years and older who are accompanied by an adult.
What to Bring:
- Packed lunch, snacks and drinking water (no glass bottles)
- Wear proper footwear. NO FLIP-FLOPS. Old gym shoes, sandals with a strap, and water shoes work great
- Sunscreen, hat and rain gear
- Change of clothes
- A face mask
- Dry bag or waterproof container (if you bring a phone or a non-waterproof camera, you need a way to protect it)
- If you plan to fish, bring a valid fishing license for the waters you would be fishing.
- Read the Paddle Rules
The following Liability Waivers are required for each participant in your party. Please fill out and submit in advance.
- ACA Trip Waiver
- Potomac Riverkeeper Network Trip Waiver
- Harpers Ferry Adventure Center Trip Waiver [Adult] [Minor]
Tag us in your paddle trips on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or TikTok — #RiverPalooza2021