This event has been moved to the Rain Date of June 24th
June 10, 2021 | 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
(Rain Date: June 24th)
Join your Upper Potomac Riverkeeper, and our partners, the National Parks Service, and Team River Runner to experience the Antietam. History shrouds the Antietam Creek, with the National Battlefield along its banks and the many stone arched bridges that cross the river. This section of the Antietam is rated for beginners, but with a few surprises along the way and a spectacular ride near the end of the trip.
Our guest guide, Shenandoah Riverkeeper Mark Frondorf, will educate and entertain you with history and stories from the focal point of the Battle of Antietam. This guided trip is only the teaser compared to this beautiful beginner whitewater river where each turn will bring you excitement and wonder.
Help us celebrate Antietam Creek and the importance of keeping its waters clean as part of Potomac Riverkeeper Network’s RiverPalooza 2021!
Lead Riverkeeper: Brent Walls – (443) 480-8970 or email@example.com
Arrival Time: 10:00 AM; plan to be off the water by 4:00 PM
Devil’s Backbone Park
18934 Lappans Rd
Boonsboro, MD 21713
Paddle Level: Beginner/intermediate
Paddle Distance: 6 miles/3 hrs
Boat Options and Costs:
- Canoe rental: $50 per canoe, $25 registration fee for the renter and/or passenger ($126 value)
- Single Kayak: $65 per kayak for one person ($111 value)
- BYOB: $40 (includes registration and shuttle service)
Included with each registration:
- Guided trip
- Rental canoe or kayak
- Shuttle Service
- RiverPalooza 2021 commemorative t-shirt
Participant Limit: 30 People
Note: Rentals are only available to adults or children 12 years and older who are accompanied by an adult.
What to Bring:
- Packed lunch, snacks and drinking water (no glass bottles)
- Wear proper footwear. NO FLIP-FLOPS. Old gym shoes, sandals with a strap, and water shoes work great
- Sunscreen, hat and rain gear
- Change of clothes
- A face mask
- Dry bag or waterproof container (if you bring a phone or a non-waterproof camera, you need a way to protect it)
- If you plan to fish, bring a valid fishing license for the waters you would be fishing.
- Read the Paddle Rules
The following waivers are required for each participant in your party.
- ACA Trip Waiver (fill out and submit online in advance)
- Potomac Riverkeeper Network Trip Waiver (fill out and submit online in advance)
- River and Trail Outfitters Trip Waiver (print out and bring with you)
Tag us in your paddle trips on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or TikTok — #RiverPalooza2021
This event has been moved to the Rain Date of June 24th June 10, 2021 | 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Rain Date: June 24th) Join your Upper Potomac Riverkeeper, and our partners, the National Parks Service, and Team River Runner to experience the Antietam. History shrouds the Antietam Creek, with the National Battlefield […]firstname.lastname@example.org