June 27, 2019 | 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM
(Rain Date: July 18, 2019)
Join your Upper Potomac Riverkeeper to experience the Antietam as you have never experienced before. History shrouds the Antietam Creek, with the National Battlefield along its banks and the many stone arched bridges that cross the river. Our river guide will join us on the bus as we make our way to the Burnside Bridge Rd access and float to the confluence of the Potomac.
Our lively guide will educate and entertain you with history and stories of the Antietam, but the guided trip is only the teaser compared to this beautiful beginner whitewater river where each turn will bring you excitement and wonder. Help us celebrate the Antietam Creek and the importance of keeping its waters clean as part of Potomac Riverkeeper Network’s RiverPalooza 2019!
- Lead Riverkeeper: Brent Walls – (443) 480-8970 or email@example.com
- Arrival Location:
River and Trail Outfitters
604 Valley Rd
Knoxville, MD 21758
- Arrival Time: 10:00 AM; plan to be off the water by 4:00 PM
- Paddle Level: Beginner/intermediate
- Paddle Distance: 6 miles/3 hrs
- Outfitter: River and Trail Outfitters
- Boat Options and Costs:
Canoe rental: $50 per canoe, $25 registration fee for the renter and/or passenger ($126 value)
Single Kayak: $65 per kayak for one person ($111 value)
BYOB (Bring Your Own Boat) is NOT available for this paddle
- The following “awesomeness” is included with each registration:
rental canoe or kayak
personal flotation device for the day
RiverPalooza 2019 commemorative t-shirt
one-year PRKN membership to support your Upper Potomac Riverkeeper and clean water
Participant Limit: 30 People
Note: Rentals are only available to adults or children 12 years and older who are accompanied by an adult.
— EVENT HAS ENDED —
Camping before and after at Harpers Ferry Adventure Center (HFAC). Contact center directly for reservations.
37410 Adventure Center Lane
Purcellville, VA 20130
What to Bring:
- Packed lunch
- Wear proper footwear. NO FLIP-FLOPS. Old gym shoes, sandals with a strap, and water shoes work great
- Sunscreen, hat and rain gear
- Healthful snacks and drinking water (no glass bottles)
- Change of clothes
- Dry Bag or Waterproof Container (if you bring a phone or a non-waterproof camera, you need a way to protect it)
- If you plan to fish, bring valid fishing license for the waters you would be fishing.
- Trip waiver (bring signed copy with you) – Adult waiver | Minor waiver
- River and Trails waiver (bring signed copy with you)
- Read Paddle Rules
- Download Water Reporter app to record your paddle experience. #RiverPalooza2019
NOTE: Potomac Riverkeeper Network is not responsible for securing camping reservations or for the safety and enjoyment of participants who wish to attend. Trip times are subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather, high river levels, tidal fluctuations, wind and other factors that could jeopardize safety and enjoyment of participants. Unfortunately, there can be no refunds. Potomac Riverkeeper Network is not responsible for any personal property that may be lost, damaged, or stolen during the trip. Potomac Riverkeeper Network is not responsible for limited camping, outfitter service, lengthy paddle distances, late start times, and uncontrollable weather that could potentially prohibit or limit our ability to provide an enjoyable and safe paddling experience.