**** This is the rain date for the June 2 Kick-Off Event that was postponed due to dangerous river conditions. ****
WHEN: Saturday, August 25, 2018
Brent Walls, Upper Potomac Riverkeeper; Dean Naujoks, Potomac Riverkeeper; and Mark Frondorf, Shenandoah Riverkeeper, are thrilled to announce this year’s RiverPalooza Wrap-Up! Join them and Potomac Riverkeeper Network (PRKN) for our exciting whitewater wrap-up event to RiverPalooza 2018, a two-month celebration of the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers!
Thomas Jefferson described the confluence where the Shenandoah merges with the Potomac as “the passage of the Potomac through the Blue Ridge” that is so beautiful and stunning “it is worth the voyage across the Atlantic.” So please come tube, raft, or kayak with us at perhaps the most scenic place along the entire Potomac River—join us in historic Harpers Ferry for a fun day on the river and then a post-float celebration (optional camping) at Harpers Ferry Adventure Center (HFAC) to celebrate PRKN’s year-round work to protect and defend these national treasures.
Our three Riverkeepers will be hanging around post-float, grilling out and doing an overnight camp. So bring something for the grill and please join us at the HFAC brand new Brew Pub, which will be open and is a perfect spot with an amazing view to catch up with old friends and meet new ones! Fun for the whole family!
Optional Activity After RIVERPALOOZA Wrap-Up:
- Camping or rental cabins at Harpers Ferry Adventure Center (HFAC).
- Harpers Ferry Adventure Center (HFAC) also offers optional zipline and ropes course activities.
37410 Adventure Center Lane
Purcellville, VA 20130
Contact HFAC for reservations—Potomac Riverkeeper Network is not responsible for securing reservations.
What to Bring:
- Wear proper footwear. NO FLIP-FLOPS. Old gym shoes, sandals with a strap, and water shoes work great
- Sunscreen, hat and rain gear
- Healthful snacks and drinking water (no glass bottles)
- Change of clothes
- Dry Bag or Waterproof Container—if you bring a phone or a non-waterproof camera, you need a way to protect it
- If you plan to fish, bring a valid fishing license for the waters you would be fishing
- River Rider waiver (bring signed copy with you)
- Trip waiver (bring signed copy with you) – Adult waiver | Minor waiver
- Read Paddle Rules
- Download Water Reporter app to record your paddle experience. #RiverPalooza2018
NOTE: Potomac Riverkeeper Network is not responsible for securing reservations for camping, hotel, optional ropes courses, zipline adventures, or for the safety and enjoyment of participants who wish to attend. Trip times are subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather, high river levels, tidal fluctuations, wind, and other factors that could jeopardize the safety and enjoyment of participants. Unfortunately, there can be no refunds. Potomac Riverkeeper Network is not responsible for any personal property that may be lost, damaged, or stolen during the trip. Potomac Riverkeeper Network is not responsible for limited camping, outfitter service, lengthy paddle distances, late start times, or uncontrollable weather that could potentially limit or prohibit our ability to provide an enjoyable and safe paddling experience.