Giving has never been easier, and now there is more way than one.
When you give appreciated assets, you avoid paying capital-gains tax on increased value of your stock, Gifts of securities either held by your bank or brokerage or held by you offer significant tax advantages.
When providing instructions to your broker, please be sure to have the stock transfer clearly designate the donation to Potomac Riverkeeper Network as a gift.. Our legal name is Potomac Riverkeeper, Inc. Our tax identification number is 54-1982624. Your broker will need the following information:
- DTC# 0226
- Account # 073261360, credited to Potomac Riverkeeper Network
- SunTrust Investment Services, Inc.
- Broker: Greg Brent, (410) 499-6032 or firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important to notify Potomac Riverkeeper Network when you have completed your request to your broker. Please alert Potomac Riverkeeper Network directly of your pending stock donation (including the company and number of shares) so that we can credit your gift in a timely and accurate manner.
Tribute Giving is an opportunity to dedicate your birthday, graduation, or special occasion to support clean water. Tribute giving is a highly effective way to make a difference. Have your friends and family make their contribution in honor of you through a custom donation page created just for your event. Participants can chose the amount they would like to give, and we'll stay in contact to let you know how your tribute page is working!
A legacy gift is more than a donation. It is an expression of your desire to make a difference—in the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers and in the world—and to leave a lasting legacy. Potomac Riverkeeper Network is grateful to its members and friends who prearrange their special gifts to support the long-term success of the organization. With your legacy gift, you help ensure that our work to protect your right to clean water can continue to benefit your children and grandchildren, and the rivers that we love.
We recommend that people considering making a legacy gift, such as a bequest in a will, work with their financial advisor. We do understand that some people prefer to deal with these issues on their own, so for more information on how to get started, as well as sample language to use in your will, please contact Maria at 202-528-5031 (mobile) or by email email@example.com.
Workplace giving is a convenient and easy way to help Potomac Riverkeeper Network ensure your rivers are swimmable, fishable, and drinkable. There are a variety of ways you can participate in workplace giving. Check out the options below and ask your employer if these programs are available to you.
1. Employer Match – Many employers offer to match charitable donations made by their employees. Simply ask your HR representative if this option is available at your workplace.
2. Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) – The CFC is the largest workplace giving program in the world, offering federal employees the option to simply deduct a portion of their paycheck every month to be donated to Potomac Riverkeeper Network. Our CFC number is #87828.
3. EarthShare – Potomac Riverkeeper Network is a proud member of EarthShare – MidAtlantic, a program working to connect environmentally conscious individuals with environmental groups across the country. Employees can choose to designate a portion of their paycheck to Potomac Riverkeeper Network. Our EarthShare number is #87828.
Looking to make a long-term investment in your local river? The foundation of PRKN’s long-term financial health is thoughtful giving by our most loyal members and supporters. Just as annual or monthly gifts enable PRKN to balance its current operating budget, capital gifts allow the organization to sustain its long-term health and mission driven vitality, improve legal capacity, provide for special projects and increase the endowment. For more information on capital gifts, please contact Maria at maria(at)prknetwork.org.
Shop Amazon Smile and 0.5% of your purchase will get donated to Potomac Riverkeeper Network.