Now Hiring: Development & Membership Internship
Potomac Riverkeeper seeks a highly organized and effective Development & Membership Intern who is able to assist in fundraising activities including event planning and campaign research. This position reports to the Development Director.
Responsibilities may include:
• Assist in the planning and implementation of direct mail and online membership campaigns.
• Coordinate aspects of membership/fundraising events and community outreach initiatives.
• Assist in the research of potential sources of funding including individuals, corporations, and foundations.
• Research and compile information folders on various nonprofits regarding development and membership best practices.
• Assist in outreach to clubs, groups, and businesses to meet strategic membership and communication goals.
• Represent organization at outreach and education events.
• Support general office administration including assisting with membership database.
• Opportunity to conduct an independent research project based on intern’s interests.
• Other duties as assigned
• Current student status; nonprofit work experience preferred; a demonstrated interest/experience with environmental work preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to work well in a team.
• Occasional weekend and evening hours for events.
Salary: This is an UNPAID internship
Start Date: Immediatley
Hours: Flexible based on class schedule
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with the subject line “LAST NAME – Internship”